• 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 pound chicken or turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 3 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
• 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 4 cups organic, msg free, low-sodium chicken broth
• 1.5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
• 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
• Ready In 45 m
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the remaining 3 teaspoons oil to the pot. Add onion, parsnips, carrots, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and apples; bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in vinegar. Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.