I have been following the expansion of GMO technology for almost fifteen years. At first it seemed very far out but over time the evidence has mounted to the point that the majority of people that I know are at least concerned about GMO’s. I personally am terrified.
Glyphosate is used on GMO crops to kill weeds thus increasing the crop yield. GMO crops have been genetically modified to be unaffected by the weedkiller. If you consume those crops, you get some glyphsate in your body.
How does it affect us? Glyphosate immobilizes certain nutrients and alters the nutritional composition of the treated crop causing nutritional deficiencies. It causes gut dysbiosis (imbalances in gut bacteria) It enhances inflammation, leaky gut, which leads to food allergies such as gluten intolerance. It inhibits the production of amino acids that are vital to our metabolism. And to me, worst of all, glyphosate effects our bodies by inhibiting detoxification processes thus causing the buildup of other toxins that we com in contact with.
Glyphosate has been associated with:
- Alzheimers Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Gastrointestinal diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease, chronic diarrhea, colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Parkinsons Disease
It may take months or years to breakdown in the soil. I cannot find any information on how long it takes to break down in animals. Avoidance has to be the first priority. Since glyphosate diminishes our ability to detox, we must do our best to enhance the detox pathways. This will need to be done on an ongoing basis.
Steps to take:
- Avoid using Roundup and other similar products
- Avoid consumption of GMO foods. They are directly contaminated with glyphosate.
- Eat organic foods as much as possible
- Since glyphosate decreases our body’s ability, detox on a daily and weekly basis using nutrients as well as other modalities such as detox baths.
THERE IS NOW A BLOOD TEST FOR GYPHOSATE!
Need help with detoxing? Give us a call at 704-837-2420 for a no-charge 15 minute consultation.