Boost your Brain with these Brain Foods!
Sweet Potato Beet Hash Recipe TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES SERVES: 2-4
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large beet, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the sweet potatoes and beets with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the turkey bacon and cook until bacon is crispy. Add the onions and season with salt. Cook until onions caramelize. Add the sweet potatoes and beets to the pan and stir, cooking for another 5 minutes.
Mango Walnut Spinach Salad Recipe TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES SERVES: 6
- ½ pound baby spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 pound mixed spring salad mix
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 mangos, peeled, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup rough chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and puréed in blender to make 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Toast walnuts in a small skillet over medium/high heat for 3–4 minutes until lightly browned. Place cooled walnuts and first 7 ingredients listed in salad bowl.
- Purée mango and measure 1/3 cup. Add the last 9 ingredients listed (including mango) except chopped parsley to blender and blend until well mixed.
- Pour dressing into a bowl and add parsley. Serve with dressing on the side.