Time and attention for injuries are required from your doctor in order to find the best and quickest path to be pain free and returning to your normal lifestyle and activities.
Here are some important steps to follow for rapid healing:
- Get immediate care.
- The sooner you are diagnosed and treated, the faster and easier your body will heal.
- Having a proper examination and any necessary tests may prevent further damage and will lead to making the right decisions about your care.
- When in doubt, go to the ER. Better to be safe than sorry.
- With some exceptions, muscle and joint injuries heal fastest when the patient is as mobile and active as possible. Be aware that bed rest may make the problem worse but this a decision that a doctor should make.
- Choose a practitioner with lots of experience. More experience equals better outcomes.
Injury Signs and Symptoms
It’s sometimes hard to tell if you have a serious injury even if the damage to your car is minimal. Sudden changes in speed (acceleration or deceleration) cause stretching and tearing to muscles, ligaments, and other connective tissues.
Here are some signs and symptoms that warn of possible serious damage:
- Severe pain
- Sore Throat
- Shoulder Pain, Weakness or Numbness
- Arm Pain, Weakness or Numbness
- Leg or Foot Pain, Weakness or Numbness
Call us now at 704-837-2420 for a consultation to speak with the doctor directly. We pride ourselves at taking our time to get it right and promise that you won’t be treated like you are in an assembly line. Dr Haas has over 30 years of experience treating accident victims and knows the ins and outs of rapid recovery.